When you set up a Roadrunner in a vehicle, you will often need to force a ‘hard reset’ of the Roadrunner PCM. This is particularly true if you are using a custom OS or changing OS type.
For using EFI Live, perform the following:
- Open up the software, and get the EFI Live Roadrunner Control Panel. Make sure the Roadrunner serial number is being displayed.
- Upload the whole new Operating System and Calibration from the PC *.tun file to the Roadrunner device.
- Select the “Execute from PCM Flash Memory (if equipped)” option (two chips with arrows in between). This will turn the Roadrunner emulation ‘off’ in order to blank out the PCM RAM when the memory read faults. The software should display ‘Flash’ as the mode of operation.
- Re-select the button, this time selecting the ‘Emulation’ mode of operation.
- Turn the key or power to the PCM off, wait 10 seconds, and turn it back on.
- If you like, at this point you can open the EFI Live ScanTool software (make sure cable is connected and vehicle is on). You will probably want to scan for codes and DTCs, and clear them all as appropriate.
- Start the vehicle briefly (1-2 seconds) and then shut power back off. This is primarily to reset the idle relearn, so it typically not an issue with the drive-by-wire configurations.
- You should now be able to restart the PCM and vehicle, and things should work as expected if you are using a valid *.tun file.
This procedure will also help if you have suffered tune corruption.
If you have any questions, contact EFI Live or Moates technical support and they’ll be glad to help further.